Week 13: RECONSIDERING THE SUPERHERO: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow


I think this was an okay comic. I had to think back and remeber who the villians are. My dad and brother are superhero fans, not saying i'm not but they are SUPERHERO FANS! The villians didn't look familiar probaly because i'm seeing them in an old comic instead of on a screen or in a later comic version. When I first started reading, I was confused like "Dang just started the storyand Superman is already dead. Come on now!" I was anxious to get to the end and see what actually happens at the end to see if he's really "dead". Sometimes they throw that in there just to trick you or something or as an attention catcher so you'll keep reading. I need clarification. Is Superman the Husband or the Baby? The baby has the same color hair like superman and the frame was of the baby when they were talking about superman being dead and all that type of stuff. OR.. is it the husband? Ity kinda just seems like its his but "as a regular human", different color hair, and facial hair. I kinda understood why he went out the way he went out but just like Lois Lane said, he had to kill him. It doesn't make him a bad person. He was saving the world and many lives. It's not good but if you have to risk a life to save many lives then you just have to do what you gotta do. 

I understood that he felt like he was somebody else and that he lost himself because he killed someone and the possiblilty of dying was just so heavy on him like that "this is it, it's now or never feeling. I can't imagine how that feels like but I read a lot and that really does talk a tole on people and they just never feel the same. He felt like he betrayed and went back on his word. Thats so real and then he just committed suicide... or... just walked out as a regular human into another diminsion and found Lois Lane and is the Husband or was born into another diminsion as the baby. 

If I would make to this into another medium, it would be a film. I think the action from the comic would plan out better in full action sinceits packed with action and characters coming in and out of the diminsion. There are so many plot twists and unfolds that it honestly would be a good DC movie, that is if it's not already. It would be like the Marvel movie thats coming out where all of thecharacters are all coming together to defeat the villian. I would extend the plot of course to give a good 3 hours worth of action and good dialouge so everything just smoothly unfolds. 

Comments

Popular Posts