Week 13: Reconsidering the Superhero: Hell Boy: Wake the Devil by Mike Mignola


I like Hell Boy! I remember watching a movie with him in it when I was younger with my brother and my dad. Of course i wasn't THAT interested into the story, but the action? YES! I noticed how in the beginning it was a loooot iof dialougue. I guess that was for thr story to make sense obviously but i feel the illustrations were a bit too gappy in transition from one another. It made sense when they were being given the information during. the presentation but I feel like they vcoyuldve showed the action in between what was chosen to be illustrated. I liked how of course since this is a super hero comic, the illustrations have a realistic style to them so the charsacters and geography is established and it isn't assumed who is who as it would be if they were given a more iconic feel to them. Overall, this was pretty good. I'm going to read more!

Comments

Popular Posts